Article 1 – General terms
- SophieVL, as a Belgian company, applies the “law of December 8, 1992 on Privacy Protection in relation to the Processing of Personal Data” as modified by the “law of December 11, 1998” and by the “law of June 13, 2005 on electronic communications”.
- SophieVL takes responsibility for the processing of your personal data. A notification has been made to the Commission for the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of your personal data, as required by the Law.
Article 2 – Collected personal data
2.1. Data you communicate to us:
- Category 1, without registration: your IP-adress
- Category 2: your profile name, password e-mail address, login and (possibly) your profile picture;
- Category 3: through registration: your e-mail address
- Category 4: data obtained by placing cookies: …
2.2. SophieVL can obtain personal data though different means:
- by placing cookies;
- during your registration and use of the Website;
Article 3 – Purposes of the processing of data
3.1. General purposes:
SophieVL will use the obtained personal data solely for the purposes mentioned below:
- Category 1: the maintaining and improving of the Website and the creation of anonymous statistics based (the identity of particular persons or companies will not be traceable) on the “legitimate interest” of SophieVL to improve her service and Website;
- Category 2: managing your account on the Website and using the forum based on the execution of the agreement which you requested, in order to send you direct marketing mailings, if you requested so, based on your explicit consent;
- Category 3: the sending of direct marketing mailings, newsletters, promotions, based on your explicit and preliminary consent;
- Category 4: the improving the user-friendliness of the service based on explicit, prior consent;
- Category 5: the delivery and invoice-details of the products ordered by you, based on the delivery of a service which you requested.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data, however you must understand that the delivery of certain services is not possible in case you refuse to provide us with certain personal data.
3.2. Direct marketing:
Your personal data will only be used for direct marketing purposes of you give your explicit and preliminary consent.(“opt-in”).
In case you have given your consent and you are added to SophieVL’s direct mailing list, SophieVL may use your personal data to send you marketing material as well as other material relating to SophieVL, her products and/or her services. SophieVL can also use the personal data you provided in order to adapt the documents.
SophieVL can also transfer your personal data to her partners, for direct marketing purposes.
This consent can be revoked at all times, for free and without motivation by clicking the unsubscribe button below every promotional e-mail.
3.3. Transfer to third parties:
In case of whole or partial reorganization or cession of SophieVL’s activities, whereby SophieVL reorganizes, transfers, ceases her business activity or in case SophieVL goes bankrupt, your personal data may be transferred to new entities or third parties.
SophieVL will try, if reasonably possible, to inform you beforehand of the fact that SophieVL transfers your personal data to a third person, but you must be aware of the fact that this is not always possible nor technically nor commercially.
SophieVL won’t sell, let, hand out your personal data nor place them at disposal of third parties, except in the situations provided for in this policy or unless your explicit and preliminary consent.
3.4. Legal requirements:
In extraordinary circumstances it may occur that SophieVL is obliged to transfer your personal data following a court order or in order to comply with imperative laws and/or regulations. SophieVL will, if reasonably possible, try to inform you on beforehand, unless revealing this information is subject to legal constraints.
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
We will store and process your personal data during the period necessary depending on the purposes of the processing as well as depending on the contractual relationship between you and SophieVL.
Artikel 5 – Your rights
5.1. Access right and right to obtain a copy.
You have the right to freely obtain at any moment access to your personal data, as well as to be informed about the purpose of the processing by SophieVL.
5.2. Right to correct, delete and limit:
You have the choice to share your personal data with SophieVL. You also have the right to request SophieVL to correct, delete or complement your personal data. You acknowledge that a refusal to share data or a request to delete these data will make the delivery of certain services and/or products impossible.
You can also request the processing of your personal data to be limited.
5.3. Right to object:
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when you have serious and legitimate reasons to do so.
You also have the right to object to the use of your personal data for purposes of direct marketing. In such case specific reasoning will not be requested.
5.4. Right to free data transferring:
You have the right to obtain your personal data which is processed by SophieVL in a structured, usual form, readable by machines and/or to transfer this data to another data controller.
5.5. Right to withdraw consent
When the processing is based on prior consent you have the right to withdraw this consent.
5.6. Exercise of rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the link ‘Contact us’ on the Website, with inclusion of your ID.
5.7. Automated decisions and profiling:
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, nor shall you be subjected to automated decisions.
5.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacycommission: Commission for protection of personal life, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: email@example.com.
This does not affect a provision before the civil court.
If you have suffered damages caused by the processing of your personal data you can file a claim for damages.
Article 6 – Safety and confidentiality
6.1. We have adopted safety measures which are suited on both a technical and an organisational level to avoid the destruction, the loss, the forgery, the adjustment, the non-authorised access or the notification of the personal data by accident to a third party, as well as the non-authorised processing of these data.
6.2. SophieVL shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongfully or improper use of the personal data by a third party.
6.3. At all times you shall comply with safety standards, for instance by avoiding all non-authorised access to your login and access code. You are solely responsible for the use of the Website on your computer, IP-address and identification data, as well as for the confidentiality.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
- In order to process your personal data we provide access to your personal data to our employees.
Article 8 – Declaration to the Privacy Commission
A declaration was done to the Belgian Privacy Commission for the processing of personal data. You can reach the Commission on the following address:
Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
Article 9 – Cookies
9.1. What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small text file that is sent from the server of SophieVL and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. This way we can remember your preferences when visiting our Website. The information stored through these cookies can only be read by SophieVL and only for the duration of your visit to the Website.
9.4. Your permission:
You can block Cookies by activating your browser settings which allows you to refuse the cookies. The rejection of these cookies may have the effect of not allowing you to use some functionalities on the Website.
In case you have any more questions or remarks regarding the processing of personal data, please contact SophieVL per mail or by using the “Contact us” button on the Website.
More information on cookies can also be found via the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
More information on online behavioural advertising and online privacy can be found via the following link: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Article 10 – Applicable Law and jurisdiction